Mt. Bachelor Announces Operations Schedule for Summer 2020
Mt. Bachelor announced their summer operating schedule including the opening of the new ZipTour adventure. Below is the official press release. Go to the Mt. Bachelor website for more INFO HERE.
From Mt. Bachelor:
In addition to other activities, July 4 will debut our dual-line, ZipTour zip line that is the fastest, steepest and highest elevation zip line in the Northwest. This adventure descends nearly 1,400 vertical feet from the top of Pine Marten chairlift to the West Village Base area. We hope you will make the visit to Mt. Bachelor to enjoy this thrilling experience!
- Mt. Bachelor summer operations begin resort-wide July 4; limited operations begin June 26
- Sun Country Tours booking available now; rafting trips begin June 19
- Mt. Bachelor summer bike park passes, Gravity Camps, year-round Outplay 365 subscription passes and winter 20/21 passes on sale at lowest pricing until July 15
(BEND, Ore.) – Mt. Bachelor, a year-round POWDR mountain resort located at the heart of Bend, Oregon, culture, today announced its summer 2020 operating schedule. After reopening to passholders for nine days of spring skiing, Mt. Bachelor’s summer operation activities include the debut of zip lining, in addition to downhill mountain biking, sightseeing, hiking, disc golf, food and beverage, and whitewater rafting with Sun Country Tours. Adventures await at the Pacific Northwest’s biggest playground!
“The safety of our staff, guests, and community continues to be our top priority,” said John McLeod, president and general manager of Mt. Bachelor. “The staff of Mt. Bachelor and Sun Country Tours are eagerly preparing and can’t wait to welcome passholders and guests back for summer activities in a few short weeks. I’m most excited about our new ZipTourZip Line that drops nearly 1,400 vertical feet and is the fastest, steepest, and highest zip line in the Northwest. After months of quarantine, getting back to the adventure lifestyle will be a great relief.”
The Mt. Bachelor and Sun Country Tours summer operations include:
- Offering expertly guided trips since 1978, Sun Country Tours rafting trips are available for booking now – options range from two-hour river trips to all-day adventures, trips begin June 19
- Little Pine Chairlift, for entry-level biking and limited retail and rentals, opens on June 26
- Pine Marten Chairlift, for activities including downhill mountain biking, ZipTour zip lining, sightseeing, hiking, and disc golf begin on July 4
- Food and beverage service at both Pine Marten Lodge and West Village Lodge begins July 4. Sunset Dinners reservations available now on Open Table, offering an unforgettable dining experience overlooking the Cascades at 7,800 feet
- Mountain Gateway Building for mountain bike rentals, tickets and retail opens on July 4
- Gravity Bike Camps, one-week sessions for children 8 to 15 years old and focusing on progression and fun, begin July 6. Camp also includes a Sun Country Tours rafting trip on the Big Eddy
Summer Bike Park Passes, Outplay 365 – Mt. Bachelor’s year-round, multi-sport monthly subscription pass – and Winter 20/21 passes are on sale now for lowest pricing through July 15. The Mt. Bachelor Passholder Promise offers assurance and flexibility, allowing passholders to buy with confidence and join us in anticipation of adventure. Zip line, single-day bike tickets, Little Pine Park pass, and other summer products will go on sale on June 18. Learn more on passes, pricing, and purchasing at www.mtbachelor.com.
Mt. Bachelor is committed to maintaining our operations responsibly and have developed additional safety policies in response to COVID-19. The policies were created according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Executive Orders issued by Governor Brown. As this is a dynamic situation, Mt. Bachelor will be adjusting our safety policies and operations to best protect our employees and guests. For further details on health and safety measures at Mt. Bachelor, please visit www.mtbachelor.com/info/covid-19-updates/
To learn more about Mt. Bachelor’s Summer Operations plan and hours of operation, please visit www.mtbachelor.com/info/summer-operating-schedule/.