When you think about classical music, the first thing that comes to mind is probably a performance in a beautiful concert hall with perfect acoustics and a large stage.
Hunter Noack, creator and pianist of In A Landscape, had other plans. Originally from Newport, the Oregon-raise musician has brought his classical performances to mountains, lakes, deserts and the coast, all with a Steinway grand piano in tow.
On this week’s episode of the Peak Northwest podcast, we chat with Noack about In A Landscape after we saw him perform live at Wallowa Lake State Park.
- Noack tells us about his inspiration for In A Landscape.
- The music Noack chooses is intentional based on the location of the performance.
- Stories from some of the most (literally) heated locations.
- The logistics of traveling to remote areas with a grand piano.
- How audience members have a uniquely interactive experience by listening with headphones.
Check out the episode below: