Central Oregon Book Project Now Accepting Submissions through May 31, 2021
Central Oregon Book Project, an anthology of stories about Central Oregon, is now accepting submissions to be considered for publication.
More information can be found at www.centraloregonbookproject.com. Submission guidelines are included below. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to schedule an interview.
– Pieces may be prose, poetry, or other forms of writing.
– Maximum of 250 words for each submission.
– Please include (not part of word count):
– Name and contact information
– Descriptive phrase about yourself and/or your piece
– Category in which you are submitting
– Submissions are to be true (i.e., recalled from memory, factual, or from your own truthful perspective.) Do not include fictionalized characters or events.
– Must be set in Central Oregon.
Please submit in the following categories:
Our Archive – such as personal stories from the past, ancestral roots, or cultural/geographic history (archive: “a collection of historical documents or records providing information about a place, institution, or group of people”)
Our Gratitude – such as moments of connection that you have experienced or witnessed (gratitude: “the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness”)
Our Community – such as accounts of what is being created or shared (community: “a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common”)
Our Future – what you hope for or see for the future in Central Oregon (future: “a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come”)